Mossband Caravan Park is set in rolling countryside close to the small village of Kirkgunzeon, 10 miles from Dumfries and 5 miles from Dalbeattie in South-west Scotland.
The area is the perfect location for holidays with forest and coastal walks nearby, the world-renowned 7Stanes Mountain Bike Trails, sandy beaches within 20 minutes' drive and a range of interesting places to visit:
- historic Sweetheart Abbey in nearby New Abbey;
- Dalbeattie Forest, a 7-minute drive away and home to the 7Stanes Mountain biking trail
- coastal walks at Kippford and Rockcliffe, 15 minutes' drive away
- stunning sandy beaches.
One of the least populated places in Britain, the area is unspoilt, making it ideal for a range of leisurely activities such walking, cycling and bird watching with Mersehead and Caelaverock RSPB reserves nearby. Stunning countryside and historic towns make up the essence of Dumfries and Galloway, including
- Castle Douglas Food Town
- Kirkcudbright Artists’ Town
- Dumfries with its museums, the Camera Obscura, Aviation Museum and Burns Mausoleum
There are also several excellent golf courses in the area and opportunities for horse riding, fishing and sailing.
For more information, call either 01387 800812 or 07393 875961 or send an email.